Join the Club
Being a member of the Lakeland Runners Club (LRC) is a fun, affordable way to connect with people who share your love of running and being involved in an active community.
The Lakeland Runners Club is a charitable organization (501(c)(3)), and is 100%-volunteer-led. 100% of club funds are reserved to use for the benefit of the local running community. You can read more about the LRC’s impact in our annual report.
As a Member You'll Receive:
- Monthly Newsletter (via email)
- Lakeland Runners Club gender-specific tech shirt, youth sizes too! (available at FitNiche, the voucher is in your confirmation email)
- 20%* off ALL Lakeland Runners Club Races
- Mean & Green 5-Mile Trail Race
- Mayfaire 5k
- Summer Sunrise Watermelon Series (three 5ks)
- Aching Quad Challenge – 4 Races in 24 Hours
- Lake to Lake 10k – the oldest annual race in Polk County
- Option for early entry for LRC races that are capped, free registration transfers if you can’t run**
- Weekly Fun Run and Walks
- Kids, Cross Country, 5k, and 10k Training Programs
- Membership in the Road Runners Club of America
- Invitations to member-only activities (in-person currently suspended due to COVID)
- Eligibility to earn Outstanding Volunteer SWAG
< 18 years
*automatically applied during online registration until the first day of packet pickup for a race, when everyone pays full price
**until 21 days prior to race day or gift your registration to someone else up to 3 days before a race starts. Series and challenges must be transferred or gifted as a whole
Share Your Thoughts
The club values input from the community! Let us know what we’re doing right and where we can improve.
As a 100% volunteer-led organization, we are always seeking runners or people who love runners and are willing to give back to the running community.
Please connect with us if you’d like to volunteer your time to serve on the board of directors, as a race director, running coach, committee member, or help in our mission to promote running and fitness in the community.