Lakeland Runners Club School and Community Grant Application
Thank you for your interest in applying for the LRC School and Community Grant opportunity. Grant applications will be accepted throughout the calendar year and reviewed every quarter. Applicants will be notified within 30 days of the end of the preceding quarter regarding their application status.
Grants must be need-based. The requested grant must be used for expenses directly related to (non-administrative) running programs. Applications with requests for funding for coaching and/or administrative salaries will not be accepted. Allowable expenses include equipment, uniforms, meet fees, travel, facility rental, staff and volunteer training, and outreach.
Individuals or schools/organizations requesting grants must be based and operating in the Lakeland area or within the boundaries of the Polk County School District. Polk County schools are encouraged to apply.
- Up to $500 limit per application.
- May submit more than one application in a 12-month period.
- If approved, LRC’s preferred payment method is to the organization or event. Any exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Complete online application. Include a summary of why you need the grant.
- Up to $1,500 limit per application.
- Limited to $1,500 in grant support in a 12-month period.
- Complete online application. Include a summary of why your school/ organization needs the grant.
- If approved, checks must be made payable to the school, organization, or event.
Exceptions to grant limits are subject to board discretion.
Individuals and schools/organizations requesting grants are encouraged to provide volunteer hours at an LRC event within that calendar year. Example: Provide a team to man a water station. Volunteers for all LRC events must be at least 18 years of age unless they are under the supervision of their parent/guardian. There are opportunities for minors to assist and earn service hours at our races with their parent/guardian. Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate these assignments.
Please complete the information requested below. If you need assistance or have questions, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.