The Fleetest Foot award will go to 10 male and female members for their dedication to LRC events in the sport we love. Results are tallied on overall time and age-graded times, which opens the field to recognize runners of all ages.
To be eligible for the Fleetest Foot award, participants must be current with their LRC membership and complete all ten 2020 LRC races. Chip finish times will be tracked and awards will be presented at the November member meeting to the top five male and female members in two categories: cumulative overall chip time and age-graded cumulative chip time. There will be no duplicate awards, and overall time will trump age-graded time.
Age graded calculators are intended to provide you with an age-graded race time and an achievement percentile for a recent performance at a specific race distance. Age-graded information allows you to:
- Adjust your performance to what it theoretically would have been during your prime running years (your 20’s and a portion of your 30’s depending on the race distance).
- Judge your performance, using an achievement percentile, without bias for gender or the aging process (in other words, you are measured against a specific standard for your age and sex). These percentiles can be interpreted as follows:
- Over 90% — World Class
- Over 80% — National Class
- Over 70% — Regional Class
- Over 60% — Local Class
- Compare your performances for a specific race distance at various ages to determine which was your “best race”.