From the City of Lakeland Coronavirus news updates
The Lakeland City Commission voted to reopen trails, tennis courts, boat ramps, and dog parks during a March 30th Specially Called City Commission Meeting. The Parks & Recreation Department met to evaluate venues and determine which park spaces could be opened based on Commission recommendations.
Even with the opening of additional amenities, it is important to note the decision will be monitored going forward and visitors must practice social distancing, proper hygiene and disinfect any contact surfaces.
The following City of Lakeland Parks & Recreation spaces will reopen the morning of Thursday, April 2nd.
- 3 Parks Trail — 3.6 miles
- Lake Parker Park trail — 2.5+ miles
- Fletcher Park on Lake Bonny trail — 1.3 miles
- Dobbins Park trail — 0.43 miles
- Westside Park trail — 0.4 miles
- Douglas Cook park trail — approx 0.4 miles
- Publix Charities Park trail — 0.3 miles
- Jackson Park trail — 0.14 miles
County and State trails closed as of March 23 remain closed.