June 10, July 8 and Aug. 12 at 7 a.m.
The Summer Sunrise Watermelon Race Series was born out of a desire to have low-cost local races during the hot summer months, when it can be hard to stay motivated. Now in its 22nd year, the series has become an established venue for competition and an annual celebration of fitness. It continues to be popular with both experienced and casual runners alike. Many of the local high school cross country teams use it as a tune up for their season. The series is comprised of 5K (3.1 mile) races. All are run around Lake Hollingsworth, which is flat and conducive to fast times.
The entry fee for the series is $40 online by Friday, June 2, or if paper registration is postmarked by June 2. Entry fee for the series on the day of the first race is $45 and individual races are $15 each. No LRC vouchers will be accepted at packet pick up or on race day.
· Only those who register for the entire series by June 10th will receive a technical race shirt after the final race.
· Awards will not be given out after each race. Only those who register for the entire series by the first race day are eligible for the awards that will be presented following the August race. Series award winners will be determined by the sum of the race times.
· Awards will be given to male and female overall winners, overall Masters (40 and over) winners, and overall Grandmasters (50 and over) winners, plus 3 deep in the following age groups: 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80 and over.
· Race day registration starts at 5:45am and ends at 6:45am. You can also register online. All races will be chip timed. Overall winners will be determined by gun time, and age-group winners will be determined by chip time per RRCA and USATF guidelines.
· Race number pick up will be available the Friday night before each race at FITniche in the Lakeside Village from 4:00-8:00pm, as well as at the race on Saturday from 5:45 a.m. to 6:45 a.m.
· For more information or to volunteer, please contact Angi Griffin & Lynn King at email@example.com
Register online here:
Download registration form here: